Acne Rosacea Treatments: Causes, Symptoms, Cures & Home Remedies
Rosacea, also known as acne rosacea refers to a skin diease in adults where blood vessels in primarily the face get bigger and give the skin a red, flushed appearance.
It is more common in women than in men. Finding good acne rosacea cures, treatments, and home remedies can be hard, as it is often misunderstood, and many doctors still want to treat it by conventional means.
In this article we will focus on rosacea cures, but before we dive into those, let’s go through the causes and symptoms first. If you’re itching for the cures and home remedies, feel free to skip ahead!
What is Rosacea
Rosacea is a benign, non-contagious skin condition that looks a lot like acne. It is often mistaken for acne and it affects around 45 million people worldwide, so you’re not alone.
It is considered a long-term skin problem that is not curable, but don’t lose hope, as not curable doesn’t mean that you cannot put it into full remission.
There are always ways to get rid of your skin problems. The problem is that it is hard to find cures and home remedies that work, so you have to stay patient.
Causes of Rosacea
Believe it or not, but the causes of rosacea are still unknown to the medical community. They say that the process seems to involve dilation of the blood vessels in your face (like I mentioned above).
The suspected causes are, but are not limited to:
- Sun Exposure
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- The Bacteria Heliobacter Pylori (responsible for stomach ulcers)
Symptoms of Rosacea
Many symptoms are similar to acne, which is why it is so often mistaken for it, but if you’re unsure of if you have rosacea or not, here’s a list of common symptoms:
Flushing. If you start noticing that you are “blushing” more often than you should, you may be seeing early symptoms of rosacea. The flushing may be made worse by sun exposure or alcohol, as these two increase blood flow in your body.
Redness. The redness usually appears on cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose. It often looks like a simple blush or sunburn, but it doesn’t go away. If you use unnatural skin care products, your skin may get worse.
Bumps. Swollen bumps are common characteristics of acne rosacea. They can look like pimples and be solid bumps, or filled with pus. These bumps are often why this skin disease is mistaken for acne.
Red Lines. Visible blood vessels can cause red lines on your face, which is a very common symptom of rosacea and is often referred to as telangiectasia in medical circles.
Eye Irritation. Around 50% of the people that suffer from this skin disease have problems with their eyes. This may or may not include simple eye irritation, the feeling of having sand in the eye, swelling of the eyelid, dryness, or burning, just to name a few.
Rosacea Cures & Home Remedies
Rosacea cures and home remedies do exist, and many people have cleared their skin, so while the medical community may not agree that it is curable, it certainly is possible to get rid of it, at least from what people are experiencing.
Now, I’m not a doctor, so if you have any doubts, please contact a professional who can help you out. I’m here for educational purposes only 😉
With that said, here are a few of the most common, and most effective rosacea cures and home remedies:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar. Buy unfiltered apple cider vinegar, dilute with water (50% water, 50% apple cider vinegar) and apply on your face. Many say to only use apple cider vinegar if you have the papules and postules, as they may irritate the skin too much otherwise. Take it easy and look at how your skin reacts. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be taken internally.
2. Tea Tree Oil. Use a q-tip and apply the tea tree oil in the affected area. If you use a moisturizer, you can mix in some tea tree oil and see how it feels. Again, start with a small dose to see how your skin reacts.
3. Pillow Cases. Many have seen improvements by changing pillow cases often and keeping their bedroom clean. You would be surprised at what you breathe in and are exposed to during the night if you haven’t washed your bed clothing in a long time. Remember to use natural cleaning soap!
4. Meditation. This may seem weird, but stress can play a big factor in acne rosacea. In my research I’ve discovered that many have seen big improvements in meditating daily and getting rid of stress. If you want to learn how to meditate, I recommend this article: How to Meditate: A Guide for Beginners.
5. Natural Creams. Last, but not least, it is important to have a natural cream that is natural and has been proven to work. I only recommend the best, natural products, and from my research, the ZenMed Skin Support System passes all my tests, and if it doesn’t work, they have a money-back guarantee.
That’s all I have for you right now. Remember that rosacea cures and home remedies do exist, so even if you haven’t found something that works for you, don’t give up.
If you want more information, feel free to read the in-depth articles below!
More Related Articles
Causes of Rosacea
Discover the most common causes and learn how to heal your skin. Some of these causes may even surprise you, so prepare yourself!
Diet for Rosacea
Believe it or not, I have come across a diet for rosacea that actually works. It can seem restrictive, but if you’re ready to try it, you may be surprised at the results.
Home Remedies for Rosacea
Discover 11 home remedies that actually work. I’ve gathered the best from around the web for your convenience.
Natural Cure for Rosacea
More and more people are discovering natural cures, treatments, and remedies. Not just for rosacea, but a host of other ailments and problems as well, and they work!
A big part of controlling the redness in your skin is knowing what the triggers area. For some it’s alcohol, for others it’s sugar, what is it for you?
Skin Care for Rosacea
What skin care products should you use? What should you look for and what should you avoid? Find out in this article.
Vitamins for Rosacea
Did you know that many sufferers are deficient in one or several vitamins? It’s true, and the good news is that sometimes you can heal your skin by giving your body what it needs.