Oily Skin Care Treatment: How to Prevent, Treat, And Stop Oily Skin Naturally and Safely
You’ve probably read through a lot of different tips on how to prevent, treat, and stop oily skin, but if you’re reading this, I’m pretty sure you haven’t found a treatment that had any lasting effect. Oily skin care can be tricky!
While having a problem like this is common, and sometimes hard to get rid of, I can assure you that if you keep going, you will find an oily skin care solution that works for you.
I can’t guarantee that you’ll find a way to treat or stop your problem on this very page, but I’ll make sure that the odds are as high as they can be.
Many believe that oily skin is genetic. I’d tend to agree with that, but if it’s getting out of control, then something is wrong, and it can be stopped one way or another with natural oily skin care.
6 Possible Causes of Oily Skin
I won’t go into the technical details, because I know you’re just looking for a solution, not an award winning explanation.
Even so, I’ll go through some of the causes of oily skin, because understanding the possible culprits will help you tremendously in evaluation if a simple lifestyle change could help you clear your skin permanently.
1. Hormones. Pregnancy, being in your teens, menstruating, being on the pill and even eating improperly can have a dramatic effect on your hormones, which in turn has a big say in your skin health.
2. Diet. There are many junk foods on the market today, and they all have an effect on your body. For example, meat can cause hormone imbalances in your body because of all the antibiotics used in animals today.
3. Stress. You’ve heard it before, and you’re going to hear it again: stress, anxiety, and worry affects your health. Take time outs to relax, and disconnect from the busyness of the world. Try meditating. It’s really calming.
4. Environment. Are you sweating a lot? Do you live in an area with hot and humid weather? Is there a lot of pollution there? All of these factors play a role not only in the oil production in your skin, but also the overall health of your body, mind, and soul.
5. Cosmetics. What you put on your skin matters. The majority of makeup, and skin care products are filled with harmful, synthetic ingredients. They also clog your pores, and can cause a host of other skin issues. Also avoid using soaps too much, as it can further increase oil production.
6. Genetics. Believe it or not, you can actually inherit the properties of your skin. If your parents have, or had oily skin, chances are that you’ll have it too, but this doesn’t mean that it has to get out of control. There is always something you can do.
There are many other possible causes. If you’d like to learn more, make sure you check out my in-depth article on the 16 Most Common Causes of Oily Skin.
A Note on Moisturizers, Creams, Lotions, and Other Products
There are thousands of different products to choose from out there. Anything from lotions and moisturizers; to cleansers and creams.
But the problem today is that many of these products contain harsh chemicals, and unnatural ingredients. Sure, they promise to get rid of your oily skin, but ask yourself this: how often have these products really worked?
There are tremendous benefits in using proper products, but only if they contain the best natural ingredients, without any chemicals whatsoever.
Finding the best moisturizer for oily skin is not easy, but if you do your research, you’ll find one that fits your skin. It took me a while to find something that works, but it was worth it. At the moment I’m really happy with the skin care line from Xtend-Life.
7 Powerful Oily Skin Care Treatment Tips, Cures, and Remedies
It’s finally time for oily skin care treatment tips, cures, and remedies. I’m sorry I went on for so long up there, but it had to be done.
With all that said, let’s jump right into the good stuff, shall we?
1. Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is an amazing ingredient. It naturally heals your skin. The good news is that it isn’t expensive, and can be found in many good natural skin care products, or even separately, but make sure nothing sketchy has been added to it.
2. Be Kind. Take good care of your skin and avoid harsh soaps, synthetic make-up, and unnatural skin care products. As I said above, many are full of bad stuff that you wouldn’t poke with a stick if you knew what they were.
3. Moisturize. It may seem counter-intuitive, but a high-quality moisturizer will help your skin return to normal. But make sure you avoid products with benzoyl peroxide, synthetic alcohols, acids, parabens, and bad oils.
4. Pure Water. Did you know that there are thousands of harsh chemicals in your tap water? Many have reported improvements in their skin by installing a shower water filter, such as the ones from Aquasana. There are a lot of great ones out there, so I recommend you do some looking around.
5. Clay. Applying an organic clay mask every week or two will help clean your skin, but make sure to try different clays, because some of them can be too drying. Find one that is just right.
6. Astringent. Natural astringents help remove the oil from your skin and make your skin tight. It may also help increase the blood circulation. You can make your own astringents out of ingredients such as lemon, cucumber, or even honey, so it doesn’t have to be expensive!
7. Nutrition. The vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients that your body gets, and more importantly, doesn’t get, make a big difference. Our food supply doesn’t have the same nutrients as it used to have, which is why it’s good to supplement.
Many problems are caused because we over-wash, use harsh soaps, bad products, and in general do unfriendly things to our skin.
Sometimes all it takes for your skin to return to normal is to remove the causes. If you want to speed up the process, you can follow the tips above.
If you keep at it, you will succeed, so don’t worry about it!
More Oily Skin Treatment Articles
Best Foundation for Oily Skin
Using the best foundation for oily skin can make a huge difference in your appearance, and that’s why this article exists.
Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin
Looking for a moisturizer that will help you out? Awesome! Most people don’t even realize how effective a natural moisturizer can be.
Best Makeup for Oily Skin
Finding the best makeup is no easy task. You have to be careful, because if you pick the wrong product, you are in for a surprise.
Causes of Oily Skin
Not quite sure what could be causing your skin condition? This article will help you figure it out and help you take steps towards better, more beautiful skin.
Excessively Oily Skin
Having trouble with excessively, or even extremely oily skin? Many have been where you are, but know that there are solutions.
Face Wash for Oily Skin
Using a face wash for oily skin can be extremely effective, but there are many products out there you have to look out for. It is easier when you know.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin
Having greasy, and troublesome skin can be, well… a hassle. This article gives you simple, basic steps you can take to start getting the skin you dream about.
The Top 5 Oily Skin Remedies
Confused about what you can do if you have trouble with oily skin? This article goes through the basics of getting rid of your problem.
How to Prevent Oily Skin
If you still have time to prevent things, I recommend you read this article, because prevention is always the best option.
Image by Vladimir