How to Get Rid of Warts: Remove Warts with Home Remedies, Fast!
Warts are growths on your skin that are caused by the human papillomavirus, or HPV for short. They can form almost anywhere on the body, such as fingers, hands, feet, mouth, the face, and even the genitals.
Learning how to get rid of warts is easy in this day and age because of the internet. If you’ve landed on this page, I’m sure you’re eager to learn how to remove your warts and we’ll get to that
But before we look at home remedies for getting rid of warts, let’s look at what warts really are, what causes them, and what the symptoms are.
If you’re here for the home remedies and tips on how to remove warts, feel free to skip ahead! 😉
What Are Warts Anyway?
Many confuse moles with warts, but the difference is noticeable if you know what to look for. Moles are usually flat, they can also be quite large.
Warts on the other hand are usually small and hard lump on the skin. They are commonly seen on the hands and feet.
There are different types of warts, such as common warts, verrucas, plane warts (rare), and filiform warts (rare). The difference between these usually comes in shape.
What Causes Warts?
We touched briefly on what causes warts above, which is the human papilloma virus, or HPV. The HPV causes a hard protein in the top layer of your skin to grow too fast.
Believe it or not, but warts are an infection in your epidermis (the top layer of your skin). Scientists say that warts are contagious, so you may want to be careful, although I have a few smaller warts on my feet, my boyfriend has never had any, and we’ve been together for years.
Experts still cannot say why some get these tiny lumps on their skin, while others do not. They believe it has something to do with the immune system, so remember to stay healthy!
How to Get Rid of Warts – 5 Proven Home Remedies & Cures
If you’ve already have warts, which I assume you do since you’ve read this far, it’s important that you remove them as fast as possible, as they can spread.
Here are 5 proven home remedies for how to get rid of warts effectively:
1. Immune System. Remember above we talked about how the immune system plays a role in preventing warts? I think you already know how to eat healthy. Avoid junk food, sugar, and processed meals. Stay with meat, seafood, fish, vegetables, fruits, and berries. You may also want to take a natural multivitamin and omega-3 supplement to get an extra boost!
2. Banana Peels. This works because of the potassium in the banana peel. This home remedy is simple and removes warts effectively. Simply rub the inside of a banana on your wart every night. You should see results within weeks.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide. You can buy 3% hydrogen peroxide almost anywhere, just ask for it. Use a cotton tip and hold it against your wart. It may sting, but do this a few times a day and you should see rapid results. If you buy food grade (35%) peroxide, make sure you dilute it to 3%, otherwise it may burn your skin. Hydrogen peroxide is very safe when used properly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar. This works for almost anything. Apple cider vinegar can be used for eczema, rosacea, and even taken internally to relieve allergies. For warts simply take a cotton ball and apply to the desired area. It doesn’t get easier than that! If you want even more results, make sure you buy the unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar.
5. Duct Tape. Take a piece of duct tape, put it on your wart, and keep it there for as long as possible. This is especially easy if you have plantar warts (the ones on the feet), because you can keep it there without looking weird. Whenever the duct tape starts to come off, simply replace it with a new one.
Learning how to get rid of warts is not that hard when you know what to do. You can also blend the above home remedies together in order to remove your wart, such as using a banana peel, apple cider vinegar, and duct tape together.
If you want more information on how to get rid of warts feel free to browse the articles below!
More Articles on How to Get Rid of Warts
Are Warts Contagious?
How do they spread? Can you prevent them? These are simple questions but essential to know, especially if you’re starting to see more and more skin growths.
Home Remedies for Warts
This article contains more home remedies and cures if the above ones weren’t enough. Discover 11 home remedies that will help you get rid of your warts once and forever.
Home Remedies for Genital Warts
Discover natural cures and home remedies for removing genital warts. Tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and castor oil are among the most effective.
How Do You Get Warts
Interested in learning why some people get them and others don’t? Experts say it has to do with the immune system, but they aren’t sure.
Natural Wart Removal
If you are looking for simple and effective ways to clear your skin, then this article is for you, it is not as complete as the home remedies for warts article, but it has a few new suggestions.
Plantar Warts Removal
Plantar warts on your feet? Want to get rid of them? Five home remedies in this article show you exactly how you can do it.
Warts on Fingers
Having trouble with these buggers on your fingers? You’re lucky, in a way, because you can have a lot more fun getting rid of them than if they were on your face.
Warts on the Face
Do you have a growth or two on your face? Whatever you do; don’t panic, because there are natural remedies that you can use. Be kind to yourself.
What Are Warts
Curious about what these little buggers are and what really causes them? If you deeper knowledge, this is the article for you.