If not for wrinkles and sagging skin growing older would be much more fun. But as you age, the skin loses its elasticity and gravity will eventually takes its toll. The result? Sagging skin.
Before things get any worse, you should find ways to firm sagging skin. They say it’s never too late to start, but when it comes to skin the opposite is true as well. It’s never too early to begin caring for your skin so that it will stay firm and smooth for a long, long time.
What Causes Sagging Skin?
Why does skin sag in the first place? If you know the reason why, you’ll know how to avoid getting sagging skin and it’ll be easier to avoid it.
Obviously, aging is the major cause of loose skin. As you grow older, the production of collagen and elastin in the skin slows down and the skin begins to sag.
Other causes include drastic weight loss, illness, smoking, stress and over exposure to sunlight.
How To Firm Sagging Skin Naturally
The good news is you don’t need surgery to firm sagging skin. There are natural ways to tone your skin and reduce wrinkles. Just check out the following anti aging tips:
1. Firm sagging skin with a toner. A good toner will improve blood circulation and rejuvenate your skin. Here’s a recipe for a skin toner that you can make at home. Slice a cucumber and mix it with half a cup of plain, unflavored yogurt. Apply it on your face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with water. You can also apply the contents of a Vitamin E capsule on your face. Vitamin E protects skin cells and prevents wrinkles and sagging skin.
2. Massage loose skin to get the blood circulating. This will tighten the tissues and muscles underneath the skin. Coconut oil is also good for wrinkles and loose skin. Massage coconut oil on your neck and around the eyes half an hour before going to bed at night.
3. Exercise is an effective way to firm sagging skin in the face and body. Exercise strengthens and builds muscles. This will help tighten your skin. It’s very hard to get big muscles, so don’t be afraid that you’ll suddenly get too big. The best way to tone your muscles is to put them under pressure, which means lifting weights. It’s highly effective, and the results come fast.
4. Make a homemade mask to tighten and firm sagging skin. Mix together 3 spoonfuls of unflavored yogurt, 3 spoonfuls of oats and 2 spoonfuls of grated orange. Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
5. Use a natural skin care cream to firm sagging skin. Most regular skin care products contain chemicals that can harm the skin in the long term. Try to find a skin care product that contains only natural ingredients that will maintain the firmness and elasticity of your skin, such as Xtend-Life’s products. Ingredients that boost collagen and elastin growth are highly recommended.
Of course, never forget the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Avoid smoking and go easy on alcoholic drinks. Exercise regularly and maintain a diet rich in antioxidants and Vitamins A, C and E.
A healthy diet will reduce wrinkles, firm sagging skin and give your face a youthful glow.