How to Cure and Get Rid of Your Acne With the Best Natural Treatments
It doesn’t matter if you’re a teenager, or if you have adult onset acne. It isn’t cool, it doesn’t feel good, and it certainly doesn’t look nice.
Don’t worry though, because you can get rid of your acne with the best treatments, products, and home remedies.
Learning how to cure acne is more about what you don’t do than what you do, because acne in both teenagers and adult onset acne is considered to be caused by inflammation.
And did you know that a lot of foods out there cause inflammation? That means that if you start eliminating them, you will start seeing improvements in your skin.
It may not heal your skin, but it is definitely a part of learning how to cure acne. Then we have natural acne creams that can help speed up the process, sometimes dramatically.
Before we dive into how to cure acne, let’s look at what acne really is and what causes it. If you’re eager to get started with the home remedies for curing acne, feel free to skip ahead! 😉
What is Adult Acne?
Acne is a common skin disease (if you can call it a disease), characterized by scaly red skin, blackheads, whiteheads, and various forms of pimples, papules, pustules, and nodules.
It is the most common skin problem in the United States. A huge part of the population suffers from acne, so you’re in good company. The American Academy of Dermatology say that around 80 percent of adults (between the ages of 20-30) suffer from mild to moderate acne.
It isn’t fun, but acne is actually one of the easier skin problems to get rid of when you know how to cure acne. There are a lot of great natural treatments, home remedies, and even products out there that have a fantastic track record.
What Causes Acne?
Acne is caused by an oily substance produced by your skin’s sebaceous glands. This clogs your pores, which often draw bacteria to them, and get inflamed.
There are many different causes of this, but when you browse the internet, you will usually see people talk about hormonal factors, cosmetics, medications, conditions, and heredity.
I personally think they are missing a vital ingredient, which is lifestyle. If acne is an inflammatory problem, then why aren’t people eliminating inflammatory (and unhealthy) foods from their diet and reducing stress (easier said than done)?
When you truly know your body, and how it reacts to your environment, you will, almost always, be able to get rid of it. It may mean giving up your favorite junk food, but isn’t it worth it for beautiful and clear skin?
How to Cure Acne with the Best Treatments, Products & Home Remedies
Alright, so how to cure acne? How can you get rid of acne, heal your skin, and get your life back? Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but you know what I’m talking about 😉
Here are a few natural home remedies, and even a few product recommendations that I’ve looked into that are excellent at getting rid of acne:
1. Diet. Caffeine, simple carbohydrates (sugar), and in general unhealthy foods will help you prevent flare-ups. We’re so used to eating food that really isn’t food. It’s time to change our habits for the better. Fran talks a lot about this in her guide about how to eat away your acne and heal your skin naturally.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is an old folk remedy that is used for a lot of skin ailments, such as rosacea, warts, and even eczema, but has also proven very effective in eliminating acne. Buy the unfiltered kind, apply to your face a few times a day, and I recommend you drink a few tablespoons of it daily, because it helps!
3. Hydrogen Peroxide. This is another excellent cleanser. You can buy hydrogen peroxide in most stores, but make sure that if you buy the 35% kind that you dilute it to 1-3% as it can burn your skin otherwise. When you’ve diluted it, grab a cotton ball, and start applying it on your zits.
4. Coconut Oil. Get some extra-virgin coconut oil, and after you’ve washed your face, apply it as a moisturizer on your face, or your whole body. Coconut oil always leaves my skin amazingly smooth and moist, so give it a try. You may even want to mix it with some of the home remedies above.
5. Natural Creams. Last, but not least, when you’re learning how to cure acne, I’m sure you’ve bumped into a lot of different acne creams, and to be honest, most of them are a waste of your money. I know that many aren’t ready to change their diet, so they need a faster solution, which is when a good cream comes in. The one I recommend is ZenMed’s Acne System.
Learning how to cure acne is not an easy road. You will have to discover what works for your skin and body, and what really is causing your flare-ups.
It may be diet, hormonal, stress, or something else, but I do believe that everyone can heal their skin, at least to a degree where it doesn’t bother you anymore.
Related Articles on How to Get Rid of Acne
Acne Medication Pills
Are medication pills the way to go? I say most likely not, because natural options exist that are much better and without side-effects. Read this article for more info.
Best Acne Scar Treatment
So you’ve had acne and now you’re left with the scars. Worry not, because natural treatments exist. No chemicals to worry about!
Home Remedies for Curing Acne
Do you want even more home remedies and natural cures that you saw above? In this article I go through 14 different ways that you can get rid of your zits and pimples.
Laser Treatment for Acne
Laser treatment is another tradition way to treat acne, but is it safe, and most of all, is it worth it? What are the long-term effects?
Vitamins for Acne
Did you know that what your body gets and doesn’t get plays a huge role in not only your health, but your skin as well? It’s true!
Ways to Prevent Acne
Want to prevent zits and pimples before they strike? Then this article will help you with that. You will find 7 natural ways to prevent acne that actually work.
Image by Catherine