7 Simple, Yet Highly Effective Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Home remedies for stretch marks can be both safer and more effective than most store bought products. This is because when you make something at home, it tends to be completely natural, and you can avoid the chemicals commonly found in skin care products on the market today.
Most people don’t see laser treatments and plastic surgery as options to remove stretch marks as they are expensive and do not promote healthy skin. Home remedies for stretch marks aren’t overnight cures though, the improvements are usually slow and steady.
A good starting point for reducing your stretch marks is to have a healthy body. So, to get the best results with home remedies for stretch marks, make sure to eat a healthy balanced diet, be well hydrated, and exercise regularly.
The 7 Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
1. Jojoba Oil – Jojoba contains high levels of vitamin E, and is chemically very similar to the oil in human skin. It is accepted well by all skin types. It helps to lighten scars and to reduce stretch marks.
2. Wheat Germ Oil – Wheat germ has antioxidant effects, containing a wide variety of vitamins and essential fatty acids. It has shown to be effective for treating stretch marks and many skin conditions. It does have a dark color and a strong odor though, so it is important you blend it with other oils and only add about 10-15% wheat germ oil.
3. Grapeseed Oil –Grapeseed is full of antioxidants, specifically vitamin E. It has been shown to help repair skin, and reduce stretch mark scars effectively.
4. Castor Oil – It goes deep into your skin and slowly breaks up scar tissue. It’s very thick and sticky though, so it can be good to mix it with other oils, so you are able to rub it in smoothly.
5. Active Manuka Honey – This very special type of honey is proven to rejuvenate the skin. This is done by helping to form stronger collagen, making the skin more elastic. It has a deep nourishing effect and makes your skin look younger and feel softer. It has shown to be effective in healing skin blemishes as well.
6. Shea Butter – This is a natural emollient that is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin A, and vitamin E. It smooths out stretch marks as well as soothes inflammation.
7. Cocoa Butter – Cocoa butter can penetrate deeply and is very moisturizing. It is best to mix with something rich in vitamin E for best results.
What All Of These Oils Have In Common…
Many of these oils have one thing in common: a high amount of natural vitamin E. This vitamin promotes skin cell formation and has been proven in scientific studies to reverse the effects of aging on the skin.
You can use the remedies for stretch marks separately or follow a recipe and add a bit of essential oil of for example lavender, ylang-ylang, or rosemary. These add a nice scent and add to the rejuvenating effect.
By applying a thick layer of a remedy on your skin and letting it absorb for 30 minutes you make it an intensive treatment.
Remember, in order for home remedies for stretch marks to work you need to use them regularly. It is best if you massage some into your skin daily.
Best of luck! 🙂
Image by CCharmon