10 Natural Home Remedies for Age Spots You Have to Know About
Because brown spots are very visible, especially for women with lighter complexion, age spots can be very embarrassing. Age spots are dark spots that develop on the skin. There are many causes of age spots.
Thankfully, there are plenty of natural home remedies for age spots that you can easily find in your kitchen or fridge. Most home remedies for age spots are natural and affordable ways to keep your skin smooth and blemish-free.
If you have very sensitive skin or suspect you might be allergic to any ingredient then be careful. You can apply the remedy to a small area of your skin and see if there is a bad reaction.
Listed below are just some of the most effective home remedies for age spots:
1. Aloe. You can buy an aloe vera plant, fresh aloe vera juice, or gel from any big supermarket or health food store. Rub the juice on dark spots at least twice a day for a couple of months. Aloe vera naturally helps to heal sun damaged skin, so you’ll start noticing results real soon. If not, it’s at least very good for your skin!
2. Bilberry herb. Bilberry is a natural antioxidant that slows down the aging process. You can include it in your daily breakfast to get all its health benefits.
3. Buttermilk. Lightly dab a cotton ball dipped in buttermilk on your brown spots at least once a day. Buttermilk is one of the more popular home remedies for age spots, so this should work wonders for you.
4. Apple Cider. Combine a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with some orange juice (or water) and apply directly to your age spots. Remember to always use a clean cotton ball or cloth.
5. Castor Oil. Used once in the morning and then again in the evening, castor oil can help reduce age spots within four weeks, and it has been proven highly beneficial in many other areas as well.
6. Chick Peas. Make a paste of about a third of a cup of mashed chick peas and a little water. Apply it on your face as a mask and leave it until it dries. This home remedy for age spots is not just good for removing blemishes and dots but can also revitalize your skin.
7. Gotu Kola. Although not as easy to acquire, this Chinese herb should be added to any herbal tea and some ginseng extract to remove unwanted dark spots quickly.
8. Lemon Juice. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for age spots. Apply the juice to the spots and let it dry in. The juice of lemon has a bleaching effect on pigment spots, and the more often you use it the lighter the spots will get.
9. Olive Oil. Mix olive oil with equal parts of vinegar and water and apply directly. This natural moisturizing combination will help eliminate age spots and prevent them from resurfacing.
10. Dandelion. Buy some dandelions and open up their stems. Collect the sap from the stem and rub it on the age spots about 2-3 times each day.
These are just some of the natural home remedies for age spots that you can use to get smoother and better looking skin. A good thing about making your own home remedies is that you avoid common harmful bleachers and preservatives found in manufactured creams or salves for age spots.
Whether you choose to get rid of age spots with a home remedy or a natural product, it is important that you use it regularly for some time or you won’t see any results.
If you’re not in the mood for making your own, I personally use a whitening cream from Xtend-Life, which is free from any harmful chemicals or ingredients.
Image by Brewbooks