How to Fade, Remove, and Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Do you feel embarrassed to wear your bathing suit because of stretch marks? Do you wish you knew how to remove, fade, or even get rid of stomach stretch marks altogether?
It is possible both prevent and fade them simply by moisturizing with the right things.
Stomach stretch marks are dreaded especially when the sunny season is arriving and you want to wear lighter clothes, and for once get to use those shorts or that pretty bathing suit.
Most women get stretch marks at some point in their life, some at a young age and others not until older.
Many of us accept them as permanent scars, when there actually are many things that have proven to remove and fade stretch marks effectively.
Before learning how to get rid of stretch marks let’s look at what they really are . . .
What Are Stomach Stretch Marks?
They appear as lines that are pink to purple in color and can turn into light colored scars. The discoloration is small blood vessels that have ruptured, and they mostly appear on places where fat is stored like breasts, belly, thighs, buttocks and also upper arms.
To be honest, stretch marks can be very ugly and destroy your self-esteem if you don’t take care of them. I personally like to prevent them as best as possible by eating healthy and using this natural skin care product line.
What Causes Them?
The most commonly known cause is weight gain or rapid body change of some sort, for example pregnancy or muscle building. Your skin tissue simply can’t keep up with the fast change.
But there are also some other underlying causes which can make you more susceptible for getting stretch marks and scarring:
- Skin depleted of collagen and elastin (can be caused by aging)
- Hormone imbalances (caused by puberty, pregnancy, depression or drugs)
- Poor nutrition leading to weaker cell walls
So, think about if you may have some of these underlying issues, and address them to get better long-term improvement and for preventing stretch marks.
3 Tips for How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Removing stomach stretch marks does not happen over night, not through natural treatments nor unnatural ones. Surgery or laser therapy is an option, but natural treatments are surely better for healthy, beautiful skin and long term improvement.
One thing to think about though is that the earlier you start treating them the faster will they fade away, so it is better to do it before they become deep scars. You succeed in reducing them later too, it will just take a bit longer.
It took a while for them to form and it may take several months or more to get rid of stretch marks, but it is really quite simple.
1. Natural Substances. There are plenty of things that you can apply to your skin that have shown to remove stretch marks effectively, due to their high content of fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients. For example Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil, active Manuka honey and Shea butter can help remove scars and marks, and also have moisturizing and anti-aging effects.
2. Body Lotion. Using a completely natural, yet advanced body lotion with active ingredients is another simple way to get rid of stretch marks. It absorbs deeply within minutes, so you can go on with your day straight after. With a scientifically formulated body lotion you are using the right quantities of numerous effectively repairing ingredients, which work in synergy to heal even faster. It should be rich in healing vitamins and ingredients that increase the collagen and elastin in your skin, and have at least 50% active ingredients.
3. Nutrients. You will definitely facilitate the healing process the stretch scars by upping your stores of vital nutrients and making sure you don’t have any deficiencies. Foods rich in silica and zink are important for optimal collagen growth. Vitamins essential for repairing and skin health are vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin D, and vitamin A to mention a few.
It is also important to remember the fats. You strengthen your cell walls by eating healthy fats from natural foods and supplements like omega-3 fish oil capsules.
More Stretch Mark Articles
7 Effective Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Sick of products that are filled with chemicals, and unnatural ingredients? Then you’ll like this article on effective home remedies.
Breast Stretch Marks
Noticing marks on your breasts? Don’t worry, there are natural (and traditional) ways of fading them. This article will get you started on your path.
Have you heard about the magical benefits of cocoa butter? Well so have I, and in this article I take an objective look whether it really works.
Do Stretch Marks Go Away
Are you wondering if you’ll ever get rid of them? You’re not alone. This article explains the ins and outs, and what you can expect.
Essentials Oils for Stretch Marks
Essentials oils are natures own ammunition if you want to learn how to get rid of stretch marks. Healing the way it was intended.
How to Hide Stretch Marks
Reducing the marks on your skin can be a slow process, so in the meantime you may want to use a few tricks to hide them.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks
Prevention is always the best option. If you’re prepared, you can minimize the stretch marks that appear on your skin.
Plastic Surgery for Stretch Marks
Thinking about getting plastic surgery done? You may want to read this article before you make that all-important decision.
Stretch Marks After Pregnancy
Pregnancy all over? Left with marks and scars that terrify you? No worries. There are many options to start fading and getting rid of them.
Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
Do you want to discover how you can avoid getting those pesky marks during pregnancy? Is it even possible? Are you doing the right things?
Stretch Marks in Men
Believe it or not, but men do get marks and scars as well, and if you’re a man, this article is for your eyes only.
What Causes Stretch Marks
Interested in who’s behind all those lines on your skin? This articles dives into exactly what you need to know, and equips you with practical knowledge.